1. By writing songs from the perspective of imaginary conjoined twins, Amanda Palmer is oppressing disabled people! She could so easily have chosen to promote one of the many real but unknown conjoined bands; but instead she chose to make her own music, as if she is some kind of musician, rather than an equalities officer/A&R person! And in writing about imaginary conjoined twins who grew up in a carnival, she referenced some of the rhetoric of the freakshow - which means she totally agrees with it, because as we all know, portrayal means advocacy! What a cunt!
And the thing that really grinds my gears about this situation is that some non-conjoined people with disabilities have assumed they can speak for the interests of the conjoined community - as if "disabled" is all one homogeneous category, and having one disability - or more outrageously, even no disabilities at all!!1 - means you can somehow empathise with someone who has a different life experience. As we all know, empathy = appropriation.
2. By perpetuating the evil lie that imaginary science-fiction species might have different mental characteristics to humans, Mass Effect 2 is 'committed to racial essentialism'.
3. If patriarchy is too specific a term, why not try being against the kyriarchy? For example, suppose you find out that 71% of women would blame rape victims, as compared to 57% of men. That might make you think that maybe the problem isn't so much the patriarchy, as the completely unpersuasive nature of identity politics 'discourse', which mainly boils down to "if you don't know what you did wrong, I'm certainly not going to tell you".
But don't start doubting that you have the glorious certainty of the moral high ground: just redefine the problem as kyriarchy! What does kyriarchy mean? It means that "[w]hen people talk about patriarchy and then it divulges into a complex conversation about the shifting circles of privilege, power, and domination — they're talking about kyriarchy"!
In other words, kyriarchy is like patriarchy, but less specific. It's a bit like income equality, but without all that confusing maths.
If kyriarchy is still too specific for you, try being against the badiarchy, which is about shifting circles of, you know, bad stuff.
Special commenting note: If you are going to say something that I disagree with, I will get very angry and ban you!
* because I realise it's wrong to say "fucktarded".
- Fucktupid* identity politics round-up